The Haven in Waconia offers programs for adults. Programs focus on treating substance abuse as a complex, multi-faceted disease that affects the whole person. Abstinence from all mood-altering chemicals is essential to maintaining a quality recovery and the foundation of the programs offered are based on the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous.
The Haven in Waconia also offers education and referral services, and a comprehensive assessment of chemical use problems is conducted by licensed alcohol and drug counselors. At the completion of each assessment, an appropriate recommendation and/or referral is made.
The Haven in Waconia
233 First Street West
Waconia, MN 55387
Phone: (952) 442-6227
Fax: (952) 442-6228
Or contact the business office at 651-734-9633.
PRIMARY INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT TREATMENT AND RELAPSE PREVENTION TRACK
This program consists of three or four meetings per week with each client progressing at an individual rate.
- Progress towards mutually established goals is regularly reviewed and revised.
- Individual progress will determine the optimal point of discharge from the program.
- Evening sessions are held Monday-Thursday from 6:00pm to 9:00pm.
- Day sessions are held Monday-Thursday from 8:30am to 12:30pm.
- Family Program is offered based upon individual client need.
Additional Services Offered
RELAPSE PREVENTION TREATMENT
Designed for clients who have either successfully or unsuccessfully completed a primary substance abuse treatment program, or who have made attempts at sobriety but have resumed their use of chemicals. The program consists of:
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Family groups
- Lectures and audio-visual aids
- Conferences with school, parents, probation officers, and therapists
- Insight into understanding the relapse process
- Relapse prevention plan of action
The Haven in Waconia provides case management services for clients who may be experiencing other complicating factors in their lives not fully addressed with traditional treatment.